Friday, July 27, 2007

Sugar Sweet Sunshine

The Zagat Guide named Sugar Sweet Sunshine best cupcake bakery in NYC. And I completely agree. I'm not impressed by the cupcakes at Magnolia, the frosting is too sweet and heavy. I've have cupcakes from another bakery in midtown somewhere, run by someone that either used to work at Magnolia or owns Magnolia and I wasn't impressed by that either. The Ooey Gooey cupake at Sugar Sweet Sunshine is my favorite - dark chocolate cake with chocolate almond buttercream. The cake is moist and fluffy and the frosting is amazing - creamy and buttery with that perfect subtle almond taste. I always want to try something different, like the red velvet cupcake, pistachio cupcake or carrot cake, but I always end up getting the Ooey Gooey. Chocolate on my mind, makin me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment