Friday, July 6, 2007

Kitchen Confidential

I just finished watching the first 6 episodes of Kitchen Confidential, the short-lived show on FOX adapted from Anthony Bourdain's novel of the same name. FOX pulled the show after only four episodes, which is too bad because so far, I really like it. Most of the scenes take place in the kitchen, you get to see lots of cooking action, there's a chef with a funny British accent, the obligatory gay waiter, unnecessary cleavage shots and a dumb blonde. Now that is a recipe for a successful show. But seriously, I like Bradley Cooper and I love John Cho and the show made me laugh out loud a bunch of times.

The show stars Bradley Cooper, whom you may all know from Alias. Kitchen Confidential has featured two Alias alums, Bradley Cooper and Michael Vartan, who played a rival French chef in one of the earlier episodes. HOT. John Cho plays Teddy, the head fish guy and he's really hilarious...it's a throwback to his character in Can't Hardly Wait. DOUBLE HOT.

John Fancis Daley, the actor who plays Jim the Sous Chef is also a really funny character. Apparently, he was also in Freaks and Geeks, which I have been wanting to see. Too bad there's a "long wait" for it on Netflix.

I'm not sure why FOX didn't give it a chance, but at least you can watch all of the un-aired episodes on DVD. Get it on Netflix now.

No comments:

Post a Comment