Thursday, January 25, 2007

New Chowhound layout















The original Chowhound website really sucked - no graphics, tiny fonts and incredibly hard to navigate. Then, after Chowhound was bought out by CNET and given a little makeover, the website looked really good! Nice soothing colors, posts and threads that were easy to follow. Now they've revised the website AGAIN...and I don't know how i feel about it. The "popular boards" column on the right-hand side is really distracting. And, it's organized in alphabetical order...that doesn't make sense at all! Plus, there's a lot of advertising for and discussions about Top Chef, which for those of us who aren't lucky enough to get BRAVO, it's really just one big tease. I got one tiny taste of the new season of Top Chef 2 months ago at Nikki's house, but I haven't had a chance to watch another episode since then. When is Netflix going to start carrying Top Chef Season 1?! Or Kitchen Confidential?! Or My So-Called Life, while we're on the topic of amazing shows that Netflix doesn't carry? Anyhoo...maybe I'll get used to this new Chowhound website eventually, I do love it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment