Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Grilled Mahi Mahi with Pesto Sauce and Brown Rice Vegetable Medley

This meal was all about getting rid of all the stuff in the my fridge. I had a bunch of basil and parsley left over from Ursula's bday dinner, plus a container of extra brown rice from another meal I made earlier in the week. I also had a piece of frozen seasoned mahi mahi from Trader Joe's in the freezer and a container of sauteed shitake mushrooms and snow peas from Woorijip. I decided to throw all this stuff together and it came out pretty well. I made a pesto sauce, grilled the fish for about 8 minutes (4 min per side), combined the brown rice with the mushrooms and dinner was done!

Recipe for Pesto Sauce:

Ingredients:
1/3 cup of olive oil
1 clove of garlic
juice of one lemon
dash of salt
1/3 cup of chopped basil leaves
3-4 tablespoons of chopped flat leaf parsley
handful of walnuts

Directions:
mix all the ingredients together in a food processor

No comments:

Post a Comment