Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Flurt Yogurt

On my way to dinner in Battery Park last night, I walked past a bo bo Pinkberry. At first I thought to myself, "hmm, is this another new Pinkberry store? What a random out-of-the way place for them to open up a store..." The logo of Flurt is similar to the Pinkberry logo, their whole concept - minimal interior design, plain yogurt with fruit toppings is exactly the same as Pinkberry's whole shtick. But, with a plus: the prices are cheaper. No green tea flavor though, which is unfortunate. Curious about the taste, I had to sample Flurt's yogurt. The taste is virtually the same, but the consistency of Flurt's yogurt is creamier and thicker than Pinkberry's yogurt. While Pinkberry has that light, almost grainy consistency, Flurt is much thicker and heavier (although it claims to be as calorific as Pinkberry.) I - a self-proclaimed P'Berry fan - might have to side with Flurt. The consistency is much better, I don't feel like I'm sour-flavored airy puffs of yogurt. Flurt has one location in Battery Park on South End Ave and one location in Gramercy on 3rd ave between 22nd and 23rd streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment