Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Good Pizza, Good Wine

A few weeks ago, during supposedly the coldest night in New York in twenty years or something, Amar and I ordered from Anthony's the BEST ITALIAN PLACE in Park Slope. I've never had a bad meal there. Their pizzas are amazing - light and fluffy, fresh tomato sauce, perfect crust and texture..mmm. The gnocchi is also excellent. See picture:














Just looking at the picture of the practically empty pizza box is making my mouth water.
And the perfect drink to pair with pizza and gnocchi?



















Barefoot wine. I usually don't like cabernet sauvignon cause I find it too dry and chalky, but this one isn't bad at all. It doesn't make the back of your throat feel dry like a piece of parchment paper. So far I've tried Barefoot's Cabernet, Merlot and Chardonnay and all three have been excellent. And it's only about $6 a bottle...i think it's the best wine for the under-$10 price range. And can the bottle label get any cuter? NO. P.S. - no comment on cocoa krispies.

No comments:

Post a Comment