Sunday, May 4, 2008

Frankies 457

Last night, Sam and I had dinner around the corner from my house at Frankie's Spuntino. The meal was amazing, I ordered one of the best pasta dishes I've had in a long time. My linguine with fresh fava beans and tomato sauce tasted like bowl full of spring...the fava beans were bright green and tender, the tomato sauce was light and subtle. The pasta was cooked perfectly al dente with that great chewy texture. The dessert was possibly even better than the meal. I was initially opposed to ordering the red wine stewed prunes with mascarpone cheese, because i don't usually associate prunes with dessert, but Sam talked me into it. It. was. good. The mascarpone was so smooth and creamy, it literally melted in my mouth. It tasted like a thicker and creamier version of clotted cream. The red wine sauce was rich and only slightly sweet, which was the perfect compliment to the light flavor of the mascarpone. The prunes were sweet and meaty doubled as receptacle for scooping up the cheese. Oddly enough, this dessert felt more decadent than a piece of chocolate cake. The meal was great and i spied an outdoor garden that is going to be awesome when the weather gets warmer. Now i understand why there was a 45 minute wait at 8 o'clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment