Thursday, August 2, 2007

Babbo

My highly anticipated birthday dinner at Babbo has come and gone. The food was excellent - I highly recommend the gnocchi with oxtail and the duck. The wine was fabulous - the Sommelier recommended exactly what we wanted. The service was impeccable - the waiter, runner, house manager and sommelier worked seamlessly together. Everything came out at the right time, my wine glass was constantly full, we weren't bothered too much and yet I still felt everyone was very attentive. The atmosphere was great - we got a corner table on the second floor, prime location for people watching! Babbo was such a treat...the perfect choice for a special occasion.

I think the following snippets of conversation throughout our dinner pretty much sums up the whole experience.
"I think I saw Larry David downstairs."
"No you didn't!"
"Is that Lauren Bush? Nah, too old."
"That dude's moustache is nasty!"
"Yeah, but he's probably a Sultan."
"Chianti is an Italian wine, right?"
"Do you think they imported the Sommelier from Italy?"
"Definitely. Look at him, he's so foreign and intense."
"Oh man this wine is good."
"Do you taste the wood?"
"No."
"I think our runner has a French accent." (He's Latino.)
"No he doesn't!"
"Wow, the gnocchi just melts in your mouth!"
"I know."
"This is like beef butter."
"I know."
"Dude I'm drunk."
"Me too."

No comments:

Post a Comment